Somewhere Between Coolness and Geekdom


Most of the time it seems like I'm stuck between stereotypes. I've definitely never been preppy or popular. Never been quite goth or emo, I don't spend enough time with my books to be a nerd, and I don't game or code so no geekdom either. I don't fit well into the spectrum of modern society. I'm in the grey area. I obsess about my music and read web comics religiously, but I also love shoe shopping and watching movies with my friends. Of course most of the time after I've seen the movie a few times, I start pointing out the irregularities in the plot. I do own a PS2 but I only use it for watching movies. I'm not quite religious, but not un-religious enough to think of myself as agnostic. I am middle grey. I'm not overly creative, but I can bring some ideas to the table if needed. I'm not easily excitable or easily depressed. My intire persona is mediocrity. That's what I've striven for my whole life, to not stand out. Yet some how in my not standing out, I don't quite fit in. Even in the things that I spend all my time with like movies and music, I don't stick with one genre. Most people don't believe this until they look at my i pod and see Edith Piaf next to Taylor Swift next to System of a Down. Then again if I chose just one stereotype to fulfill, I would miss out on all of the great things of the others. I think I'll stay here on the greyscale, spanning the genres of life. In other words, I totally represent the state I grew up in. Kansas, nothing really great but still here feeding your fat asses. I think that should be the new motto.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greyness is rockin, yo. Plus, you could always consider yourself the middle ground to my extremes. lol, jk

Post a Comment